US E2 VISA E1 VISA
E2 Visa and E1 Visa are covered by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services. They do not apply to every person. Their allotment is restricted to those who are professionally involved in trading or investment activities.
Employees of a company also fall under E2 Visa and E1 Visa depending on their job type and professional requirement.
The US Citizenship and Immigration Services decides a person from which country gets E2 Visa and E1 Visa. The basic criterion is that the other country must have signed the Friendship, Commerce, and Navigation Treaty with the United States of America.
Not every country has signed the treaty and therefore it may be difficult for everyone to apply for E2 Visa and E1 Visa. However, if your country has signed the treaty, then you can apply for E2 Visa and E1 Visa and get all the benefits that are offered by the United States of America under E2 Visa and E1 Visa.
These Visas have been designed by the Government of the United States of America. The objective is to promote healthy trade and investment in the country while also generating employment for the citizens.
Who Can Get E2 Visa And E1 Visa?
A person can get E2 Visa and E1 Visa if he or she commits to generating employment in the United States of America. The applicant can redirect the benefits to his or her country of origin in the prescribed manner as well.
Following people can get E2 Visa and E1 Visa without any hassle:
- Their country of origin must be covered under the Friendship, Commerce, and Navigation Treaty.
- E1 Treaty Trader is allotted to a candidate only if they are engaged in a trade that has a substantial bottom line to support its employees.
- E2 Treaty Investor is allotted to a candidate only after they have committed huge investment in the United States of America. They must hold at least 50% of the ownership of the company.
E3 Visa also exists but it is for applicants who are engaged in professional-level US jobs and have Australian citizenship.
How To Apply For E2 Visa And E2 Visa?
You can apply for E2 Visa and E1 Visa via the internet by visiting the official website. You will have to follow certain steps. They are discussed below:
- Review the instructions properly. You will be assigned form I-129, Petition For A Nonimmigrant Worker. Instructions are self-explanatory and do not involve any complications.
- Sign the form once you have reviewed the instructions and filled it up.
- You would be required to upload documents in support of the information that you have provided in the form. Upload the documents and submit the form to conclude the procedure for E2 Visa and E1 Visa.
These steps are followed by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services serving you notices about your next step. You can alternatively create an account on the official website to receive the updates.
The next steps generally involve biometrics and interviews.
Eligibility Criteria for E2 Visa And E1 Visa
Both E2 Visa and E1 Visa have different criteria. Some of them are similar but others are different. Candidates are required to review the criteria for E2 Visa and E1 Visa before applying.
You are eligible for E1 Visa (General) if:
You are eligible for E2 Visa (General) if:
Any American enterprise you are involved with must be a bona fide organization. You can also be eligible for E2 Visa and E1 Visa as an employee.
Special qualification generally means that you must possess skills and education that are in high demand.
Advantages Of E2 Visa And E1 Visa
E2 Visa and E1 Visa serve various benefits to the person who has successfully acquired them. The US Citizenship and Immigration Services have listed the advantages of E2 Visa and E1 Visa as follows:
- A person with E2 Visa and E1 Visa can travel freely within the United States of America. He or she can also travel in-out of the country at any time.
- There is no limit to the number of years the person can stay in the United States of America. Additionally, they are eligible for unlimited 2-year extensions.
- Candidates with E2 Visa and E1 Visa are allowed to bring their dependents to the country. They can also bring their spouse to work in an American company.
The person must only maintain all the required qualifications for E2 Visa and E1 Visa. This is mandatory at every step and it must not be ignored.
Filing Guidance For E2 Visa And E1 Visa
Filing guidance for E2 Visa and E1 Visa is a checklist that you must keep with you before and while proceeding with the application for E2 Visa and E1 Visa.
Form Filing Tips
These tips would ensure that you have a seamless experience while applying for E2 Visa and E1 Visa.
- Remember to sign the form. A form that misses a signature is instantly rejected by the authorities.
- Check the version of the form that you are filing, especially if you are filing an offline form. It may have been updated.
- Use black-colored ink to fill the offline form. Your writing must be legible. Keep the entries neat and clean.
- Start with a new form if you have made a mistake. Do not use a highlighter or tape to cover your mistakes. They are not taken well by the authorities.
- Submit copies that are single-sided. Don’t print on both sides.
Missing out on any of the above points can get your E2 Visa and E1 Visa application rejected.
Forms By Mail
Note that the US Citizenship and Immigration Services is currently not accepting submission of E2 Visa and E1 Visa form in offline mode. The procedure is entirely being conducted over the internet.
Once it resumes, these are the points that will help you.
- Create an account on the official website of the US Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Select the form that applies to you and meets your requirements.
- In case the form does not appear in the dropdown menu, then enter it separately in a box.
- You can then prepare a mailing label. The web page allows you to enter the details to generate the label for your package.
- Check all the details on the form and mailing label.
You can select up to 5 different packages from the website.
The US Citizenship and Immigration Services has the provision for candidates who are looking to expedite their request for E2 Visa and E1 Visa.
Generally, all the requests are considered by the authorities. They must only be supported with the document. A candidate who does not provide the required document will have to follow the usual timeline.
The US Citizenship and Immigration Services does not consider an expedite request only if:
- The company has suffered a huge loss
- Government finds it of utmost danger for the country
- Authorities highlight an error in the qualification
The ultimate decision to expedite the request of a candidate for E2 Visa and E1 Visa rests with the authorities.
Preparing For Your Biometric Appointment
It is the first step to happen after you submit your form for E2 Visa and E1 Visa. Authorities serve you a notice containing details about the location where you have to appear for the biometric procedure.
You can reschedule your appointment in the prescribed amount of time. An appointment is considered to have been abandoned if you are absent and have not rescheduled it with the authorities.
Your biometric details allow the US Citizenship and Immigration Services to run a background check on your identity. They also use it to confirm your identity. Visit the Application Support Center to confirm or reschedule your appointment.
The address that you mention on the E2 Visa and E1 Visa application form is used for every communication. You may want to change your address if you have moved to another location for any reason.
Having the same old address in your application form for E2 Visa and E1 Visa even after you have moved to a new location will do nothing good. You will end up missing all the important pieces of information.
You can change your address through your online account by filing Form AR-11. This will automatically update your address everywhere for E2 Visa and E1 Visa.
Tracking Card Delivery
Authorities send you a card and travel document after you have been allotted an E2 Visa and E1 Visa, based on the one that you chose.
You can track the delivery status in two ways.
- You can sign up for Case Status Online Account. This will send you updates about where your deliverable has reached so far and when it will be delivered to you.
- You can register with USPS for Informed Delivery to receive an update on your email or text.
While not mandatory, you are recommended to register for the updates to keep track of the deliverable. If you know when it will be delivered, then you can manage your schedule to stay at home and collect the package.
Paperwork Reduction Act
It is currently being drafted by the authorities. Candidates for E2 Visa and E1 Visa will get access to it only after OMB has approved the form.
Filing Fees For E2 Visa And E1 Visa
Following all the guidelines for payment of E2 Visa and E1 Visa fees is important. Authorities reject a form if any inaccuracy is found pertaining to payment.
A fee towards E2 Visa and E1 Visa application becomes due within 30 days from when you receive the approval for E2 Visa and E1 Visa application. Before proceeding to complete the payment, verify the deadline. It changes frequently based on several conditions of the country.
The notice that you receive for fee payment will have all the details about the deadline. The format for the date would be mm/dd/yy.
You can calculate the fee for E2 Visa and E1 Visa before starting to fill the application form. The website offers a tool called Fee Calculator. It gives you a real-time estimate of how much you will have to pay for E2 Visa and E1 Visa.
The tool asks you questions about the form that you wish to submit. It then generates the estimate for E2 Visa and E1 Visa application fees. This helps to lower the rejection rate and improve the chances of your E2 Visa and E1 Visa application getting selected.
Generally, a flat fee applies. However, exceptions can be made for some E2 Visa and E1 Visa forms. Use it separately for different individuals.
USCIS Immigration Fee
The USCIS Immigration Fee is required by the authorities to process a Permanent Resident Card for the candidate. It is popularly known as the Green Card.
You may also have to pay the fee if you are entering as a lawful permanent resident.
Any person can pay the fee on your behalf. You will only have to share your Alien Number and Department of State Case ID.
Poverty Guidelines by the authorities are in place from April 01, 2021. They are specified under section 213A of the INA. These can either be defined by the Federal Authorities or State Authorities.
You must meet the basic definitions that are specified under the guidelines.
Fee Waiver Guidelines
The US Citizenship and Immigration Services considers every kind of applicant. There is a possibility that not everyone can afford to pay the fee for E2 Visa and E1 Visa applications.
You can apply if:
- Your E2 Visa and E1 Visa form is eligible for the waiver
- You have documents to support your case.
Documents can be for any member of your family. They include household income or evidence for experiencing hardships in life.
Some additional information that you must know is that the fee for a Biometric procedure is $85. You can apply to get your fee reduced, if not waived, with the authorities.
To apply for E2 Visa and E1 Visa fee reduction, you must:
- Showcase evidence of your household income
- Meet Federal Poverty Guidelines drafted by the authorities.
This is another easier option for applicants to make their way into the United States of America.
This deals with how you keep track of updates that are introduced by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services.
2D Barcode Requirement
These requirements are implemented by the third-party vendor. The objective is often to improve the accuracy of their internal process and raise the efficiency to manage the workload at a Lockbox Facility.
A barcode generated is visible only if you have the updated version of your web browser.
Lockbox Filing Location Updates
The locations are frequently updated to better manage the incoming candidates. This ensures that all the E2 Visa and E1 Visa applications are processed in a timely manner.
You get the update through a notice in case your location has changed for the Lockbox Filing.
Workload Transfer Updates
This is similar to the previous point except the sole purpose is to manage the workload for E2 Visa and E1 Visa applications.
Your receipt number for E2 Visa and E1 Visa application does not change after the transfer.
The online process for E2 Visa and E1 Visa is much more convenient than the offline process. Ensure to read all the instructions mentioned on the web page of the US Citizenship and Immigration Services before proceeding with the application.
We offer 3-tier outcome-based pricing and are very confident that we can get the result you desire, however in the event of no endorsement, we will provide a full refund (100%).
DISCLAIMER: The information on this page is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for the advice of a qualified legal or immigration expert. If you require any specific legal or immigration advice, you can seek the service by filling in the contact us form here. All rights reserved.